- Price: £99 (single payment).
- Mentor: Paul Breheny
- Location: Spartan Studio – Derby
- Start Date: First Tuesday of every month
- Duration: 4 weeks
- No: Sessions: 8 x 1 hour sessions (2 per week)
- Group Size: 6
- Extras: 1 x 1 hour seminar
Introductory Seminar: Saturday before the first Tuesday of the month. Meet your mentor and fellow group members, introduction to the fundamentals of the programme (theory).
Week 1: Discover/rediscover the BIG FOUR barbell lifts.
- Session 1: The squat and the bench press demonstration/ practice/ individual adjustment.
- Session 2: The deadlift and the overhead press demonstration/ practice/ individual adjustment.
Week 2: Putting it all together: The programme proper.
- Session 3: Workout A – The squat, the bench press, and the deadlift.
- Session 4: Workout B – The squat, the overhead press, and the deadlift.
Week 3: Continued coaching and support.
- Session 5: Workout A.
- Session 6: Workout B
Week 4: Final week of induction, time to iron out some technique wrinkles and hit some new personal bests (PB’s).
- Session 7: Last chance this month to hit some PB’s on workout A.
- Session 8: Exit Seminar and “Basic Barbell induction Programme” certificate presentation.
This course will not only deliver safe and effective coaching but also build the fundamental skills and knowledge you will need for long term strength and fitness success.
Think of the programme as “preparation” for your body and “calibration” for your mind! Its perfect for those of you who have never performed the barbell lifts, are out of practice, or just curious about what I have to offer and how I can help.
The Learn To Lift Programme starts on the first Tuesday of every month, and runs for 4 weeks, with 2 x 1-hour sessions per week (8 x 1-hour sessions in total). There are three separate Learn To lift Groups limited to 6 trainees per group.
Once you complete your first 4 weeks I advise that you move onto my more advanced “Barbell Club Training” programme to ensure continued improvements, although this is completely your choice.
To get started on the Learn To Lift Programme, bookings can be made below by selecting a training time and date that suits you. Payment will then be taken via debit or credit card before your booking is confirmed.
If you would like to talk to me over the phone before booking then please click here to select a date and time that is convenient for me to call you.
Alternatively you can send me a message here which I will respond to within 24 hours.